View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #49
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher22 View Post
I'm on the discharge cycle now. Funnily, it was at 39% when I last turned it on and so I left it on and it jumped up to 51% - today it is 34% when I turned it on. Hopefully it will work better when I charge it next. However I don't think any battery is good to be left uncharged for a while - from what I know, crystals grow within the battery and if you let that happen long enough they puncture adjacent cells reducing the full potential of the battery even rendering it useless. Sometimes a higher voltage jolt will break up the crystals in the battery bringing it back to life. However that's only if the crystals haven't grown large enough to puncture adjacent cells within the battery.
In my case, my battery is not holding it's charge very well, but I'll have to see after a couple of discharge cycles if it gets better or stays the same and warrants a battery replacement.

Also I didn't realize on my wife and daughters Aura, they are running version 3.19 without issues (as far as I know).
i have Firmware Version 3.16.0 on my original Aura which is my main ereader of choice. i have installed the latest Firmware 4.12.12111 on my Touch and i do like a lot of the new features that it as compared to 3.16.0, but my extremely strong disdain for the relatively new home screen will always prevent me from installing it on my Aura.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote