View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
There are still some p classes and headers with defined font-family, but I am under the impression that Amazon allows this. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!) I don't have any embedded fonts, because the typefaces I would have used may not have been strictly legal to "redistribute".
Correct. Different fonts (even embedded fonts) are OK for special sections of text and/or headers. The general idea is not to have the basic text font defined so the reader can choose their own. But I worry about your special classes with font-family definitions if you're NOT embedding the fonts. Are you sure the various Kindle Devices can make use of the font-families you've defined?

Quote:
I thought Kindle Fire had the option to change font face as well, but it's grayed out when I preview those devices.

Is this an issue with KP? Is it potentially a problem with my book/html/css/conversion?
This appears to be a Kindle Previewer issue. It's greyed out on my books too ... books that have special fonts embedded yet my Kindle Fire still allows me change the basic font of the book.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote