View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 12:48 AM   #284
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by menneske View Post
I may have concluded now, that max is 32GB...

I am still not sure, as the root is FAT32 (of a max of 32GB), but the actual partition, where KOBO resides, is a linux ext2FS format - says iPartition, while Hard Disk Manager says its a FAT32. Kinda low on faith here.

Still trying to discover how to resize non-destructively, what its max size is, and then how to clone the kobo onto that... on a Mac.
Probably a wrong conclusion, but needs to be tested to be 100% sure. I tested friends Clara HD to work with samsung evo 128GB, Tested my H20 with same 128gb both in internal and external sd slot and it works(256GB doesnt, havent tried 512GB), also there is a member here that confirmed his Pocketbook Inkpad 3 working with 512GB.All these readers are stated as 32GB max, so i think its safe to assume that most will work with more than 32GB.

If its an external sd slot just for storage, you just format the card to Fat32 with tool like guiformat or hp usb disk storage format tool. If its an internal card with the os , just clone it wit Win32Disk Imager or similar, and then expand the unused space with Partition manager like Minitool Partition Wizard. All these are windows programs, so easisest would be to find a win machine and do your thing there, or look for Mac alternatives of the programs needed.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote