View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:41 AM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomorpheus View Post
I can't find those related threads or issues. Can you link some?

Is there intention to fix this behavior?
I am not a Koreader developer at all, but having implemented a Calibre wireless client myself (in fact, it's going through an update at the moment), I can say that the Koreader implements just enough of the protocol to keep Calibre from complaining, and no more. It is a very bare-bones implementation.

In other words, it would take some effort to "fix" it. I have no idea when or if anyone will do so (not a koreader dev, so can't speak for them). I don't know Lua, or the koreader architecture, but if anyone on the team wants to create a more complete implementation, I'm happy to share any of my own learning about the protocol.

As a side-note, I was very grateful for the bare-bones Koreader implementation. It helped me figure out where to start with my own.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote