Thread: Sections Order
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
In my book browser window I have Section 0001.xhtml, Section 0002.xhtml, Section 0003.xhtml etc. When I "split at cursor" a new Section 0004.xhtml is created, and so on.

Depending on where I do my "splits" I sometimes find that the sections get out of their natural order. If that happens, is it possible to rearrange the numbering?
They really shouldn't get "out of order" when splitting. When you split a file. The first part comes first and the second part comes second. Regardless of the numbers that may be a part of the file names, the Split feature will not switch the files.

The files in the Book Browser CAN be reordered by dragging/dropping the files (which will automatically adjust the OPF's spine to match).

You can also mass rename/renumber files by highlighting multiple files in the Book Browser and then right-clicking on them and selecting "Rename" from the context menu. That will give you a dialog to enter the starting name/number. The rename will automatically increment the numbers starting from there.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote