View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #14
bobobo1618
Lord of Ponies
bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.bobobo1618 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The main idea seems to be that class 6 and 10 cards have been optimised for large sequential read/write operations at the expense of small random read/writes, but much operating system performance depends on small random writes (such as updating the KoboReader sqlite database).

This comparison for example suggests that class 4 scandisk and silicon power cards are up to 100x faster than patriot class 10 cards for some small random write operations:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...e,3011-12.html
Ahh, yes. Of course. I'm silly.

Then I'd recommend following your own reasoning and go with the benchmarks, looking for good random read/write speeds ^.^

As I said earlier, I haven't noticed any difference between the Class 10 Patriot card I have now and the Class 4 SanDisk card I had earlier though.

WOW though. Those Class 4 cards make a HUGE difference in the random write tests.
bobobo1618 is offline   Reply With Quote