View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #45
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I've never read it myself, but have a pbook copy somewhere I think. It's a rather thick book I believe. How long does it usually take you to read the whole thing?
He's read it thrice so I doubt it took him very long.

Me, it took me forever to finish the first chapters. Admittedly, I gave up though I knew War and Peace was super. I can't blame my superficiality - I was 14 at that time, and The Count of Monte Cristo was far more exciting to a teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now that really messes with the 100 book in 2011 challenge. Just like The Count of Monte Cristo did when I read it earlier in the year - really hammered my average (1400+ pages).
hmm. I think it was an easy read. Took me only several days. Of course I did with a superb translation. Except if you'd read it in French, then...
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote