View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #36
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I never liked The Catcher in the Rye, though I read it when I was 16 and had really dark thoughts at the time. Don't know why I didn't like it. Maybe it was because of cultural difference?
The book was actually given to me by my high school teacher because he thought I would like it. He was always pushing me into an english degree, sort of wish I would have listened to him more. My family thought he was crazy for suggesting that, since english had always been my worst subject. I wish he had been more clear at the time or maybe I was just thick headed. It was my worst subject because I was bored, something I now realize. That was why he kept giving me reading suggestions, free space to change things and pushing me to write. Something I am trying to do more of now.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote