View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #31
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've thought of re-reading some classics only to find that they don't grab me at that moment like I need. I just go read something else and come back to the one that didn't grab me later. I agree that sometimes a person needs to re-read something again like watching a favorite old movie. I was reading from book 16 of the Harvard Classics the other day (Aladdin and the Magic Lamp) and enjoyed myself. Haven't had the time to finish the tale as yet but planning to. Him and Ali Baba were some of my favorite tales from 1001 nights when I was a kid. The first Sherlock Holmes story I read was Hound of the Baskervilles. It was one of those books offered via the leaflet that was offered through schools for books that kids would enjoy. I still have it somewhere I think. I read it while visiting for a week (during the summer) with my paternal grandmother so it would have been the late 70's at the time.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote