View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Is there a "fix" or work-around for Kindle doubleing size of small graphics?

For a while now, I've found it quite annoying that the Kindle doubles the size of small graphics. I'm not certain if this is a Kindle issue or a mobi issue. Either way, it is highly annoying and I've never really seen a good explanation for why this happens or how to keep it from happening.

I recently converted my epub versions of the Harper Collins Lord of the Rings ebooks to mobi so that I can have them on my Kindle. The problem is that there are a lot of small middle-earth characters that can't be reproduced except as graphics. They're small so that they appear in-line with the text flow. However, these look horrible on my Kindle since it doubles the size of the graphics. There are a lot of similar decorative characters and images that really make this an extremely beautiful, book-like, ebook. Unfortunately, the mobi version on my Kindle is horrible.

I know of no way around this and am hopeful that someone on here may have some insights for me.

Thanks in advance to any assistance anyone might be able to provide.

Sincerely,
- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote