View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #26
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It occurred to me, not so long ago, that, being what might be called "middle-aged", I can realistically expect to read fewer than 1000 more books in the remainder of my life. I am therefore trying now to be selective, and read books which are WORTH reading.

I'm actually OLD, so I'm pretty much down to racing through short stories and reading the backs of cereal packets now. The best I can hope for is that Grim's brother - the Cheerful Reaper - is the one who knocks at the door, just after I've finished the last page...

When I first got into ebooks I downloaded a heap of supposed classics from Gutenberg. But after dipping into a few, sanity cut back in and I deleted all but the tiny handful that I actually did read. I'm more than happy to pay for things if the quality is there. Can't take it with me..... unless... do they allow e-readers in Limbo or Purgatory? With Eternity at my disposal I might eventually get around to finishing Remembrance of Things Past and Don Quixote..... it's something to ponder...
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote