View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #75
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
@unboggling: yet another nail in the coffin of my hierarchical #genre column. Though I put 'coll' or 'anth' into tags, some of those could really belong to several genres. I never even thought to classify stories separately. But usually stories are gathered into anthology so that they have some over-all theme. Except something like Year's Best...
My column #type is for publication type. I based my tags for this column (with some modifications) on ISFDB's definitions of publication types:
Help:Screen:NewPub, ISFDB wiki (definitions for publication-level metadata).

Quote:
I am slow typist....
I'm a pretty fast typist; I'd use Tag Browser more if I were slower typist.

Quote:
when I made a mistake, Calibre went into search before I had a chance to correct it. Or before I finished typing some longer name. Happily, this behavior has stopped on my netbook. Don't know if it's because of newer version or if I have some auto-completion tweak turned on at home....
Probably in Preferences > Searching, you had checkmark in checkbox for the first option "search as you type". Subsequently you probably turned that off.

Last edited by unboggling; 02-12-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: #type -> #pubtype -> #type
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote