View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
jessesn
jessesn began at the beginning.

PDF Fit Visible per page/landscape view

Hi,

I just picked up my Ebook reader from Sony Copley Place in Boston. Had 10 as of today, well 9 now.

Anyways, I'm really liking the it, but it's not as easy as I hoped to read my own PDFs. Granted I was prepared for this and with the landscape it's not so bad and with the Fit Visible (hitting the Size button so that it displays M) it's great. However, it doesn't seem to be doing a Fit Visible on each particular page. It seems to find the boundaries for the page I set the Fit Visible on and continue to use those boundaries for the subsequent pages. I understand this probably helps by keeping the fonts the same size every page, but I'd really like for it to maximize screen usage on a page-by-page basis. Anyone else notice this? Better yet anyone have a solution I overlooked?

One other thing, is it possible to read in landscape, so that the next page is at the bottom? (Helpful if you're thumbing through with your right hand)

One other silly question, is there any rhyme or reason as to the function of the 5-way joystick when reading? Seems odd sometime it lets me go back one page or go forward one page, but then I'll get the little circle with a bar through it saying that's an illegal action. Can you change pages with the joystick?

Thanks,
Jesse
jessesn is offline   Reply With Quote