View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
KPW - to jailbreak or not to jailbreak

I've just received a shiny new Paperwhite. I haven't even put any books on it yet (waiting til the cover arrives), nor have I updated to the latest version.

I'm half thinking about jailbreaking it, so I can use the collections manager, but (I admit) I'm scared to try it. (I did try the USE_ALT_FONTS trick, and feel very smug with myself that it worked). I'm not a hardware geek or a software geek, and I'm terrified that I'll do something to mess up my device.

All I want to do is be able to use the collections manager. I've looked at the directions, and it seems rather complex. It's not just installing one jailbreak, but installing a bunch of stuff.

Too, I'm not sure how the collections manager actually works - that is, starting from new books on the device, what is it that i do to get the books into a collection? does it work hand-in-hand with the Kindle Collections plugin in Calibre?

so, my questions are: 1) should a total neophyte like myself risk the jailbreak? and 2) could somebody give me a brief description of how to use the jailbroken collections manager, so I can decide whether it's worth it?

Thanks,

-Becca
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote