View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverpullr View Post
Hi,

My key questions are:
1) What word processors can export to html that is nmore EPUB/xhtml clean.
2) What is your workflow like: i.e. original manuscript in MS WORD (as most start there..) to application X to do Y -->Then use __ to ___ --> import to Sigil --> Save to .epub.
I guess there's a lot of "religion" and personal preferences involved here, but in my opinion you would be better off using a text editor or maybe a (x)html editor (my preferred one is Notetab, but there are of course others. Or you could copy the clean text into Sigil and use that to edit). Epubs don't involve very many formatting codes to look nice, and judging from the posts here and in other mobile forums, people are using more time cleaning up the nasty code from various word processors, than it would take to format a textfile.

- but that's of course just my 0.02$ and I'm looking forward to the discussion coming up

Regards,

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 07-17-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Typos
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote