View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwit View Post
OS level? Don't think so. I'm using XP and Calibre is polling the A: drive constantly, not the Kobo. I don't know why and shutting off the A: drive because of Calibre doesn't seem to be the right direction to me. As soon as I unmount the Kobo the polling stops. Something is in Calibre that's buggered.
When calibre detects the kobo, it asks windows for the list of drives so it can mount the kobo's memory. This causes windows (not calibre) to poll A:. If the kobo is not completely detected (busted memory or an unknown drive string), the process repeats in a bit.

If you have a "fix" for this "bug", I am sure that Kovid would love to have it. He said as much in the bug report that I pointed toward.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote