View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
DRMed PDFs can't be converted, though. (And from what I've seen, it's harder to break DRM on an PDF.) I did take out a couple of library books that were in PDF format, but I didn't read them because I found they were too much of a bother to read on my Kobo.

Someone I know was just complaining about how hard it was to read PDFs on their Kindle (she was considering rebuying all her PDF books so she could read them on her Kindle.) My impression is that Kindle handles PDFs in a similar fashion to Kobo. I have heard, though, that Sonys actually allow for text reflow when you resize PDFs. As far as I know, they're the only reader that has that technology atm, but they're priced higher than I'm willing to pay.

Last edited by Suzanna; 01-18-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote