Thread: Backlist
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #228
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Simon Hawke -

Simon Hawke is an author who was active back in the 80's and 90's, best known for his Timewars series and Wizard of 4th Street series. I would describe him as a standard mid tier writer who is interesting enough, but never really broke through. Most of his books are fairly short compared to what we are use to these days. I think most of them are in the 200 page range. IMPO, like a lot of mid tier sf writers, he tended to ride a series until it stopped selling. I don't think he's written anything since the late 90's. His name came up in a discussion in the Butcher thread. Looking in the Kindle store, I see that all his Wizard of 4th Street books seem to be there, and I see the Timewar books as well. I found that the early books in both series were worth reading. He's the sort of author that I thought might find a new audience via the Kindle store. I wonder how many books he's sold since he put them out there. As I mentioned in the Butcher thread, his Wizard of 4th Street series has similarities to the Dresden series and Rivers of London series.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote