View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #63
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I think having to survive the prison system for however long it was (I have had to return the book to the library) she would have to have developed cunning. I didn't see her as cunning when she was 16.
I agree; I saw her trenchant comments as arising from her adult self and after much thought and revisiting and reevaluating her memories, because what else is Grace going to do in prison? I kept thinking of a favorite quote from Camus's The Stranger:

Quote:
I realized then that a man who had lived only one day could easily live for a hundred years in prison. He would have enough memories to keep him from being bored.
Just as one example, by her own report she was entirely obtuse about what was going on with both Mary and Nancy at the time. (Assuming we believe her account; we never know for sure whether Mary lived or was a construct.)
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote