View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 11:34 PM   #61
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I enjoyed her caustic observations, though I did wonder if an uneducated servant girl would have the ability to express herself so easily.
I thought the same. Because of the “smart” writing (for lack of a better word), I had difficulty buying into the “was Grace a simpleton or not” question. As a result. I found her fictionalized character to be more cunning than naive, and therefore I tend to think like gmw that Atwood’s opinion is that she was guilty and complicit more than innocent.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote