View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 06:09 AM   #382
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxcore35 View Post
That is the point of innovation, to expand capabilities of existing system / software.

The script with functionality is actually 100% finished. Somebody familiar just need to just add function and call the code from correct line in the goodread plugin code and then minor action just add new text field into existing GUI (name of custom field).

* I think that the calibre do not handle the main fields in different way as those which are custom.

I do not see the point to create another plugin just for this. It is actually hard to find functioning version of goodread plugin, it will be to even harder find both plugins.... Let's wait for some other feedback from somebody who is familiar with the code, before creating new single purpose plugin.
If you look back through this thread, you will see that I am the person who has been maintaining this plugin for a while. And if you look around a bit more you will see that I am maintaining other metadata source plugins and several other plugins. I'd like to think I understand the code.

When I stated that this was beyond the capabilities of metadata source plugins, I stated that because it is a fact. The metadata source plugins are supported by a framework in calibre. This only supports the main metadata columns and explicitly does not support custom columns. This is the design of how metadata source plugins work. The question of updating custom columns from metadata source plugins has been raised plenty of times in this forum and the answer has always been that it is not possible.

I also do not feel that what you are asking for fits in with the concept of a metadata source plugin. I don't really think the quotes are metadata. And for most people a link to that page would be enough.

Lastly, I don't know why you think finding a function version of the Goodreads plugin is hard. It is posted at the beginning of this thread. The calibre plugin installer will list it ready for you to install.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote