View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 03:41 AM   #381
dxcore35
dxcore35 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, that is completely beyond the capabilities of a metadata source plugin. These plugins are limited to updating core metadata only and cannot update custom columns. Plus I think fetching this type of information is not a good fit for the plugin. I think this should be a separate plugin. I suggest making a post in the plugins suggestion thread. Maybe it will attract the attention of someone who is interested in doing this.
That is the point of innovation, to expand capabilities of existing system / software.

The script with functionality is actually 100% finished. Somebody familiar just need to just add function and call the code from correct line in the goodread plugin code and then minor action just add new text field into existing GUI (name of custom field).

* I think that the calibre do not handle the main fields in different way as those which are custom.

I do not see the point to create another plugin just for this. It is actually hard to find functioning version of goodread plugin, it will be to even harder find both plugins.... Let's wait for some other feedback from somebody who is familiar with the code, before creating new single purpose plugin.
dxcore35 is offline   Reply With Quote