View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #376
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
calibre has a function that can be used by plugins to do this automatically.

The normalize function in calibre.ebooks uses unicodedata.normalize('NFC') to convert unicode characters to a normalized form.
A simple enough fix, but I don't see it in use in any of the other metadata source plugins. And the only place I can see it used for titles (either directly or indirectly through the normalize function or other similar) is when writing metadata to some formats. But, it's probably not an unreasonable thing to do here.

So, attached is a beta that seems to work. It is a little different to BeckyEbook' suggestion as there are two places I think it is needed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads-beta.zip (21.9 KB, 241 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote