View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #96
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbook View Post
Oh no, that was not the point I was trying to make.
Those are just the covers of what I am reading right now and what kind of books I enjoy to read.

The point I was trying to make is that cross-verification of 'am i going to like this book?' Is just literally 3 seconds away. So for ME covers aren't important.

Darryl has put it into words beautifully a couple of days ago, in a topic about indie-authors

What IS important for me is the title and subtitle. Since the last post I've been browsing Kobo for books and the annoying titles that people give to books is what irritates and repulses me.

@Hitch: You can't tell a story like that and keep us hanging without pictures of those covers!
I think your point is you are not a visual person. Words mean more to you. That is great and fantastic. Thing is about 75% of the seeing population are visual people and the cover is the first thing they look for.
Jon is a very good example of a visual person. If he doesn't like a cover, there is about a 98% chance, he won't even read the description.
You on the other hand sort first by title. If you don't like it, 98% chance you won't read the description.
Now me, I look at the title and subtitle, then the cover in thumbnail, if those aren't too bad I will look at the description. That is usually the deciding factor.
I do also look at the author's name on indies.
I got called a book critic the other day. The author asked for feedback and he got it.

Now I really don't look at cookbook covers. They range from plain to wild and I have a few with the same exact covers but they are different books.
Actually I have two Feeding the Flock with the exact same cover but they are from different churches. Favorite recipes seems to be a favorite title too.
If I counted right, I have over 300 fundraiser cookbooks.

*There are not many duplicate recipes.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote