View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:06 PM   #95
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Oh no, that was not the point I was trying to make.
Those are just the covers of what I am reading right now and what kind of books I enjoy to read.

The point I was trying to make is that cross-verification of 'am i going to like this book?' Is just literally 3 seconds away. So for ME covers aren't important.

Darryl has put it into words beautifully a couple of days ago, in a topic about indie-authors

Quote:
The decision to buy a book used to be made by visiting a book store and perusing a sometimes large but manageable stock of books. In an online store, the sheer number of books is not manageable. The supply may as well be infinite. We all develop our own strategies for dealing with this, and businesses are falling over themselves to find methods to help us do so. But we are still in a transition phase here. It remains open to anyone for whom the Indie experience doesn't work to simply confine themselves to traditionally published books. There are some Mobileread members who do this, and I applaud them for doing so, though if I adopted this course I would miss out on books by many of my now favourite authors. Some mostly adopt this approach but will buy an occasional recommended Indie. The rest of us presumably recognise the discoverability problem but find it preferable to the old limited choice curated by self-appointed gatekeepers. And develop our own methods to select books.
What IS important for me is the title and subtitle. Since the last post I've been browsing Kobo for books and the annoying titles that people give to books is what irritates and repulses me.

@Hitch: You can't tell a story like that and keep us hanging without pictures of those covers!

Last edited by Dutchbook; 09-11-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote