View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #31
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
[QUOTE=dkperez;2342506]So, just to make sure I understand this correctly, the solution to the publisher/library problem is for publishers to make the books available to libraries at competitive prices, but to make it difficult for library patrons to GET those books by requiring that they physically get them...

So, with paper books I put a 40 or 50 on reserve, and the library transfers a bunch from wherever they are, and I go in and pick up a dozen or so and I'm good for 3 weeks... BUT, with e-books I can have all of FIVE, yes FIVE lousy titles on reserve, and they dribble in at random intervals so I'm running to the library to get one lousy title? Yeah, that's a system that'll REALLY endear me to the publishers for coming up with something that stupid... [QUOTE=dkperez;2342506]

Yes, only 5 books on hold, and my Overdrive library allows only 4 books checked out at a time, so I would have to make a lot of trips to the library.
Also, my local library has limited parking and it's hard enough to find a spot there now. Maybe they could open a drive-through for checking out ebooks

Plus, not everybody lives close to a library. Sure, for me it's a 5-minute drive, but what about people who live farther away?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote