Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #64
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Thanks for posting that, taming. It looks as though those rather generic recommendations might either have been written before the Nexus 7 (and Jellybean generally) or were written so as not to disinclude devices running on earlier iterations of Android.

Perhaps this page is an adjunct (though one could argue it's a really separate page because it addresses privacy issues):

How to Turn off Google Now

This part bothers me:

Quote:
Turning off Google Now stops the display of cards and returns Google Now settings to their defaults. . . . Turning off Google Now and location history doesn’t delete existing history or turn off location reporting.
If you haven't turned off location reporting by turning off Google Now, does that mean the location function can or can't be disabled by turning it off under "Location" the way one does in Gingerbread (which is what my hoary Galaxy S with the fabulous Wolfson DAC is running)?

On the surface, I'm sure it looks that way, but stock Android often likes to run battery-depleting services on the DL (as you strapping young people say to one another whilst slapping hands, wearing backward-turned baseball caps and listening to contemporary music by "rap" groups like Naughty by Nature on their minidisc players).

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 07-24-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote