Thread: Firmware Update Kindelabra: Kindle Collection Manager
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
A very nice program. I'm using windows vista and a K3. After reading through the thread, I updated from python 2.6 to 2.7 and downloaded all the rest of the libraries/programs as advised. No problem getting kindelabra to work.

Most of my collections were already created manually then revised using kindle collection manager (another nice program). Kindelabra enabled me to sort both columns alphabetically so that I could further clean up my collections.

Just a couple of thoughts.
-Does it matter where I have the kindelabra program located? I currently have it in the original folder which is in my python 2.7 folder.
-Is there an undo button? I can't tell you how many times I hit "delete" when I meant to hit "rename."
-A few DRM-d books didn't take and neither did a few samples. I just checked at the end of the collection folder on the K3 and manually updated what hadn't taken.
-Is there a way to check in kindelabra for books that aren't in a collection?
-Is there a way to incorporate this program into calibre as a plug-in since it's in python? If I'm trying to update a genre collection, I've just had both kindelabra and calibre open side-by-side.

Thanks for all your work and for sharing!
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote