View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 06:59 AM   #502
NoSmint
NoSmint began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkJacq View Post
After at last been able to make my X-Ray Files correctly, a question appeared due to an unexpected event which hasnt happened before. After began reading the Book, with WIFI turned on, suddenly the cover of it was changed automatically...but also the X-Ray File showing a different information instead the one I prepared, and even in English instead of Spanish, making, in summary, my work useless. I asume Kindle search the Book information in Amazon Database, guided by the ASIN Code. But it has never happened to me in any of the previous Books prepared. Do you know how to avoid that change, aside, of course, of turning off WIFI?
I can help you out there. I had the same issues. The Kindle seems to fetch newer information directly off the amazon servers as long as it regards your local copies obsolete. I found that behaviour quite useful when it comes to Author Profiles or Start/End-Actions since it's filled with the most recent informaton. But the x-rays are rendered pretty much useless - although for now they are useless to me all the same, see my post above.

For me it helped to plug the Kindle into the USB Port of your PC and manually navigate to the correcponding sidecar folder "bookname.sdr" and make the x-ray file readonly (right click -> properties -> read only). As for now the Kindle respects the file attribute and doesn't overwrite existing files anymore. But of course that might change anytime.
NoSmint is offline   Reply With Quote