View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #70
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I don't know, is it really that different than reading by a candle or a reading light? Their ambient light seems negligible.

Of course I'm assuming a low brightness there; if you set it to 100 % then there's a rather obvious difference with a candle.
The main difference is that the fovea is looking at the screen while reading, not at the candle. The rest of the eyes, composed mainly by rodes, have almost no role in visual acuity, but there are a few cones there too that serve for acommodation purposes.

In short: light distribution over the retina matters.

I'm talking about the behaviour of the eye, not really about our perception of it. If the brain/experience has some role then we're talking about constructivism and that's another topic.

Links:

Wikipedia article about the fovea
visual axis of the fovea

ergonomics: lux levels for outdoor/indoor
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote