View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #80
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I've found that most of the people who ask me questions are students who want to find out about suitablity for their uni texts. So they ask intelligent questions.
I've found that college/university students tend to read more than the general public even outside of their classwork-so it makes sense that they'd be more interested than the general public in an ebook reader.

the bit about intelligent questions is interesting-I've not found students to be markedly more 'intelligent' as they tend to be long on theory but short on experience. But I do wonder if maybe readers, in general, aren't more intelligent? Although experience gained thru reading is, technically, theory, the better fiction is well-researched & tends to mirror human motivations & actions, thus providing (IMO) a reasonable facsimile of experience.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote