View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
This is what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
you cannot edit a file in sigil while it is open for reading in any other app: ADE, Calibre..., Sony.. AFAIK. Even if you could, it is asking for trouble! because as soon as you save the edit, then the open-for-reading copy is no longer the same as your saved work.
Now certainly this seems to conflict with mrmikel's thought and I am really pretty new and am pretty scared by cybomole's warning and I am not "asking for trouble."

But what's the deal? Is it okay to do the proofreading/editing the way mrmikel suggests? (Personally I can't see what the trouble might be. Like mrmikel said, 'the sony reader doesn't hold the file when it's in the list mode.'

THANKS!
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote