View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #692
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Aw, Nyssa, so sorry that didn't help. It did help me, but it still was an on again off again thing, until it kicked in the interest for longer books. I even had to switch genres (mainstream comedy romance and mystery - short, fluffy, fun stuff) to get back into a reading habit. I found that I was doing other things in the time I had used for reading in the past and had to change _that_ new habit in order to get back to my old reading habit. I hope you find a way to get back the joy of reading once again.

I'm still on goal; I met the first 6 month goal and have held to my second 6 month goal (no more than 18 purchased books by the end of the year).
Hi Dreams! Thanks and congratulations on meeting your goals!!

The short stories were a good idea..I just couldn't find anything to hold my intrest. I read two short stories, very quickly, but stopped in the first 1/4 of the 3rd one, for no apparent reason. My poor Kindle feels abandoned, as I even accidentally let the battery drain. I still carry it with me wherever I go (JIK).

The "replacement" activity" is the oddly addicting, very frustrating Sims 3! My husband surprised me with it when it first came out, but I didn't really get into it, because I was such a huge Sims 2 fan, and the game play styles are completely different.
Then, about 1.5 months ago, I picked it up again and that was that. I've purchased some of the Expansion Packs I didn't have, and I actually spend more time tweaking the game than playing, but I'm hooked for now.

I'm hoping to settle down with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series over Thanksgiving break and be reinvigorated for the new year. I know if I stress about it it'll take me longer to get back.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote