View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@chaley: You're probably using your own mail server to send the mails. I've found that there are a few anti-spam solutions written by lazy/incompetent people that believe it is acceptable to whiltelist smtp servers. Try sending it from a gmail/hotmail/whatever account.
I succeeded with my gmail account. My personal account and my university account both failed.

My server is managed by linode, and is therefore in their IP address pool. It wouldn't surprise me if some other 'machine' in that pool was compromised, and a lot of spam solutions blacklist entire subnets. I have had no end of fights with yahoo, finally advising my clients (my extended family) to simply stop trying to send to people on yahoo.

What does surprise me (a bit) is that google apps (which aldiko is using) has a hard reject in place, with no visible mechanism to appeal the decision. I wouldn't mind a greylist approach (after all, I use one). Also, but this time not oddly, my server gets a lot of spam from gmail, but google doesn't blacklist itself.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote