View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #98
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Just remembered something that really irritated me: In George R. R. Martin's "Song of Fire and Ice" there's these flint mountains, and AFAIK it's a geological impossibility. It just kept taking me out of the story and I never got futher than the first book.
Mountains made of flint? Yep, that'd pull me up quite sharply too. Flint occurs in layers of lumpy nodules in chalk, and sometimes in almost complete sheets. But a mountain of flint just can't happen.

There's a neolithic flint mine near me - great site - one of the mines has been excavated, and you can go down the main shaft.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...hosenImageId/2
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote