View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #71
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Another odd thing happened after installing iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 on three devices, and I have never seen this happen with other updates. Apparently the updates changed the mapping addresses for my iPhone XR and two iPads, which is understandable because they are set to be auto assigned. But then a large number of apps I opened asked me to allow them to find all the devices associated with my account or the app. That usually happens only when you first install an app like Netflix. Again, I never encountered this with any other Apple updates in the past.

ETA: An article on iPhoneHacks states this:

Quote:
Find My ‘Other’ Devices
The Find My app in iPadOS 14 no longer restricts you to locating Apple devices only. Apple has released a draft specification that allows third-party accessories and products to participate in a network accessory program, which means that it’s now possible to use the Find My app to discover other important non-Apple devices as well.

However, recent reports indicate that Apple will place more restrictions on third-party devices that intend to use Find My. This could end up as a hindrance to the overall user experience.

Last edited by OtinG; 09-20-2020 at 03:35 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote