View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 07:58 AM   #27
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
FrustratedReader:
But I think that you'll find, even now, copyright exception is made both on the grounds of fair use and on the grounds of study or review. Many student versions of software, for example Microsoft Office, is hugely discounted.
would not be returned I accepted that I was in fact 'giving' them.)

For the sake of argument, let's assume that I have no copies of the ebook/s on my computer, or anywhere else; so to read them again, I would need to purchase them again.

How does that infringe copyright?
Fair use doesn't / didn't encompass photocopying entire books ever. Rarely entire chapters, unless the VENDOR issued a licence in writing, as that is not "fair use" anywhere. Not all countries have a legal definition of fair use exemptions.

Student software can be sold at any price, the Vendor decides. Irrelevant to giving away stuff.

Indeed I wrote or implied it's perfectly acceptable and not a copyright violation to sell or give away a single copy of any electronic media providing you don't keep a copy and would have to repurchase. But which ebook online seller works like that?

Last edited by Quoth; 05-22-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote