View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 04:29 AM   #22
FrustratedReader
Busy elsewhere
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I "give away" one of my books. It is NOT Public Domain and may only be copied on your own devices or backed-up. It's copyright violation to give a copy to someone else or upload it. People have to download their own copy.

A title being offered free (without charge), no matter the duration, doesn't make it Public Domain. A recipient is forbidden under International Copyright treaties and a variety of local laws to sell or give copies to anyone else.

It's the publisher or copyright holder's decision how a book is distributed or sold or "given away". Personally I don't mind someone loaning their entire ereader to a friend or family member, that IMO is like loaning a book. However because of the Cloud Library/Ability to download again without further cost, if you sell or give away an ereader, phone, tablet or laptop you must delete all ebooks still in Copyright, even if they were "free". If there is NO cloud library, no ability to download it again, then in theory you can delete all your own copies and leave the copy on the ereader, that's equivalent to giving away a book.
Essentially most ebook sellers systems mean you can only "gift" a book at time of purchase. Never later.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote