View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #21
desterly
desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: KV,Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRagg View Post
No recovery is bad, which i find to be weird to be honest, but i have not looked at the image yet. Ill ask davidfor he's the image wizard

The best thing imho is to hook into u-boot and enable pxe-boot.
Yeah I didn't really look into the code for the bootloader... I do know the kernel readme on the Kobo-Reader github has this note:

Code:
Do not install a new kernel unless you are prepared to open your Kobo up and
make a backup disk image of the internal MicroSD card first. If your new kernel
fails for any reason, you will not be able to boot your Kobo even into recovery
mode. If you mess up the install by writing to the wrong offset or too big an
image, just reinstalling the old kernel using a manual `dd' won't work; you'll
need to restore the whole 2GB firmware image.
Edit: Looking through the bootloader code, fastboot support is there however the only way to enter it is from the U-Boot console.... which would require a console connection..

There's a few projects/utilities that seem to indicate the devices "should" be able to enter u-boot commands while up but not sure if the Kobo's have that functionality enabled on the chip.. <shrug>

Last edited by desterly; 05-16-2019 at 04:19 PM.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote