View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #20
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BloodRagg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desterly View Post
Guess it depends on what you are thinking of as "port".

To Bring it up to latest 4.1 wouldn't be too hard. More or less merge in the patches + cleanup.

To rebase it to CAF would be a little tricker but still doable.

To Bring it up to latest 4.x kernel, probably not real easy.

The first one obviously adds security and potentially fixes some memory leaks but probably not much benefit outside of that.

The second one would bring it inline with CAF although I'm not sure if there'd be a lot of benefit to it outside of potential optimizations.

The biggest risk that I see is unless I'm mistaken, there is no recovery partition on these nor is there any fastboot/flash mode in the low level bootloader which means you make one minor mistake and you are looking at JTAG to get back to a working device.
That sounds quite positive

No recovery is bad, which i find to be weird to be honest, but i have not looked at the image yet. Ill ask davidfor he's the image wizard

The best thing imho is to hook into u-boot and enable pxe-boot.

Last edited by BloodRagg; 05-16-2019 at 10:13 AM.
BloodRagg is offline   Reply With Quote