View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #19
desterly
desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.desterly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: KV,Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRagg View Post
Just out of curiosity, how much work would it be to port the latest kernel ?
Would the effort be worth it ?
Guess it depends on what you are thinking of as "port".

To Bring it up to latest 4.1 wouldn't be too hard. More or less merge in the patches + cleanup.

To rebase it to CAF would be a little tricker but still doable.

To Bring it up to latest 4.x kernel, probably not real easy.

The first one obviously adds security and potentially fixes some memory leaks but probably not much benefit outside of that.

The second one would bring it inline with CAF although I'm not sure if there'd be a lot of benefit to it outside of potential optimizations.

The biggest risk that I see is unless I'm mistaken, there is no recovery partition on these nor is there any fastboot/flash mode in the low level bootloader which means you make one minor mistake and you are looking at JTAG to get back to a working device.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote