View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #62
Flipflargin
Angrah Kitteh
Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Flipflargin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Ha ha, I'm fairly direct (and polite) with them now when I call in, immediately asking to be transferred to Kindle specific support group. Initial contact is usually general support folks who read from a script (can be irritating when calling for 20th time about simple ticket status).
There can't be much (if any) training support concerning these old devices so it is easy to fall back to a script which includes, "offer 15%-25% off new Kindle". My favorite is when I explain to them (several times now), "Amazon does not have 9 year old DX's in their inventory anymore, so you won't be able to send me a replacement".
I do wonder if the support centers take aggressive steps to avoid support tickets staying open for weeks on end. It likely counts against their ticket processing time, etc. My ticket was closed for a bogus reason after 2.5 weeks which we immediately had them reopen again.
Ugh, that reminds me, I need to call and make sure they didn't close it again.
Flipflargin is offline   Reply With Quote