View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #11
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
If you can't get it to sync for you you can do it yourself. I used to do this all the time when I was reading on my Kindle and on the Moon+ app on my phone. I just make sure to remember a key phrase on the current page as I end a session and do a text search for that phrase on the other device.

For example, in my current book I'd pick the phrase "slowly and carefully" and just remember it. That's not much to remember. Then in the other device I do a text search in the book. About 99% of the time there'll be only one instance and I tap it and start reading. Sometimes there'll be 2 or even 3 instances of a phrase in a book but there's enough context on the search page that it's no more difficult. I tap it and start reading.

The difference in this and letting the Kindle do the syncing is that it takes more effort. It's also quite a bit faster when I use search so it's worth the effort. Letting the Kindle sync usually takes 2 or 3 times longer than doing it with text search and Kindle's sync sometimes fails, although it usually works. Text search never fails as long as I remember the phrase and type it correctly.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote