View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 12:02 AM   #13
Dazrin
There's my cookie!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Well, don't leave us on tenterhooks! Which is your favorite?

I do feel your frustration. It happens to me all the time, either available here and nowhere else, or the reverse. Or else it's something ridiculously expensive.

ETA: I bet it's The Sword in the Stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
If it's The Sword In The Stone, it may be available in the U.S. in the collected novels - The Once and Future King.

It is not The Sword in the Stone, although I was considering it until I saw that The Once and Future King is over 600 pages. I'm not sure if the Sword is available separately or not. I plan on reading it this year because I never have before (although I really like the Disney movie).

I was going to nominate The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart which, of the ones I have read, is my favorite of the Arthur (or specifically Merlin) retellings.

I think I am going to look for some non-US/UK stories instead though. My eldest is in an all day competition tomorrow which means I have a full day of sitting in the bleachers to look forward to and I will try to find something then.

For now, I am going to second The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote