View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:09 PM   #33017
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
That would have been my guess. The MR outfit I worked for placed a lot of calls through a third-party call center in the Philippines when time zone differences were significant. The Field Director for the call center I worked in got sent there at one point to set things up to feed work to them. He described things like being asked whether he'd like to buy a girl (or boy) for some recreation while he was there. He wasn't interested in that, but
did wish he could join in a soccer game he saw going on in a field across from his hotel.
______
Dennis
I suspect the calls are driven by an IVR, so I doubt I'd even get an option to speak to an operator.

I also have some knowledge of political polling, those commissioned by political parties and those published by the media. Using IVR's is generally regarded as a waste of time, people are much more likely to lie to a machine than a human.

I must admit to wondering if its not part of the election misinformation racket.

I used to do a lot of work in SE Asia. Dalliances such as your work colleague was offered were commonplace, to decline would sometimes be regarded as disrespectful.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote