View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I enjoyed this, also. It would have been even more fun if I'd had a middle-schooler to share it with.

I'll start off by saying that if you don't remember or never read Kipling's two Jungle Books, they might be worth a skim, or at least I found it so. I found it enhanced my appreciation of both Gaiman's tale and his ingenuity in adapting it, opening it up. I've never been a fan of stories about anthropomorphized animals and Kipling's got a lot of baggage associated with him, but the appreciation worked both ways and with Gaiman in mind, I was able to appreciate Kipling for both story and language.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote