View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome, Lisa, to Astak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Hello everyone! As you can see from the title of my post, I'm an eBook virgin and I've been lurking these forums over the last few days trying to get smart about eBooks & the various readers available. I had myself convinced that the new Sony Pocket Edition (PRC-300) was the one for me until I read Matt Miller's recent review and I found this forum for the Astak EZReader Pro! I took the plunge & ordered the 5" white model on Wednesday & it's now on it's way to me!

What changed my mind you ask? 2 things: the plethora of formats available to choose from that are compatible with the Astak and the fact that Astak includes a cover & AC adapter in their package, whereas these are not included with the Sony.

So, now that my eyes are bleeding from all the reading up I've been doing, I have one question that I haven't see addressed wrt the 5" EZReader. How many books - on average - can I load into the reader's internal memory and how many - on average - can fit on a 1GB SD card?

Thanks!
Lisa
Dear Lisa:

I work for Astak and I only want to welcome you to the Astak Dedicated Forum and to your new device. Your EZ Reader Pocket PRO is a great device and you will appreciate it more as the years go by and you find it is still modern and reliable.

I was ecstatic that you noted Matthew Miller (The Mobile Gadgeteer). Matt is one of the finest and most personal reviewers and when he likes something he lets people know. He really likes the Pocket PRO.

You helped me a lot by saying what really brought you to the Pocket PRO... the multitude of formats and what comes in the box! That is important for me to know and I appreciate that!

We will be adding more formats as time goes on. We hope relatively soon to add Fictionwise eReader as a DRM format. These DRM formats can be somewhat large... so most of the people here load their music and eBooks onto the SD card and leave the internal memory for formats. You do not HAVE to do this... but it can help keep you organized. Plus, any time that you have an SD card in the Pocket PRO it will automatically open to the card and not the internal memory... saving you time.

Again, thank you and welcome. If you have any questions please read the FAQ sheet on www.theEZreader.com (under "support) or send an email to: support@astak.com
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote