View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
I liberated an Amazon .azw file -- just to fix the formatting, which had double-spaces between each paragraph and quadruple spaces between sections.

The dedrm went fine, and that file looks good when I open it in Mobi reader. But when I ran the file through mobi2html to get the html, the file had problems. Random characters were thrown all over the place, and at least in one place, a paragraph simply cuts off at least 4 sentences before its supposed to.

Any ideas, or alternative methods for digging out the html? I was hoping to just do a quick search and replace on whatever html markup was causing the double-spacing.
That might be an UTF-8 problem. If you can give me the file I can see if this can be fixed in mobi2html.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote