View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
All writers will present you a list of rules... and then break them. Most writing is about knowing when to break the rules and when not to.
I agree completely, and I think you can swap-out the word "writers" with "artists". I don't know why people are so keen to say "rules" when they usually mean "guidelines". I think it just confuses the hell out of the student (I include myself) when they see broken rules, or even break the rules themselves, and feel that the result not only works but works better.

Cheers,
Marc (who barely uses the "rules" of photography even as guidelines anymore)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote