View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
LOL, I wondered if I should expand charged by Kobo to include the explanation about banks, credit cards, etc. but figured it had been so thoroughly discussed that everyone would take it as read. Ah, well.

I wouldn't want to make a huge investment in Borders cards on the promise of being able to use them at Kobo because that can and probably will change. In the meantime, though, those pesky fees are still being charged and "soon" is nebulous.
The fee isn't charged by Kobo. Just use a different credit card -- your bank/CC company is the one charging you those fees.

I've never paid a transaction fee for Kobo purchases (nor any exchange rate fee, since the charge is in USD, even though it is a Canadian company).

However, since it is a Canadian company, I have had some cards refuse to allow them to be used for payment, until I called the company and authorized the card for non-US/International payments.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote